We represent clients throughout South Africa including musicians, record labels, publishers, festivals, event promoters, actors, radio stations, managers and touring agents. Our knowledge of the respective industries allow us to help our clients negotiate deals, handle disputes, maximise commercial opportunities and protect their creative assets.
Our Music and Entertainment Law services include:
- Music industry agreements including: recording and licensing agreements, publishing and distribution agreements, , management agreements, band partnerships, touring, booking, sponsorship and merchandise agreements, venue hire agreements;
- General entertainment law including for authors and book publishers, film and television production companies, graphic, web and app designers, and general talent contracts (including for actors, TV presenters, models, radio presenters);
- Business arrangements, such as setting-up structures for all entertainment based businesses (including bands) whether by way of sole trader, partnership, company, trust or joint venture;
- Copyright law including: the rights of songwriters and songwriting ‘splits’, performers and producers rights, film, internet and television licensing, sampling, editing, and copyright infringement;
- Trade mark applications, business and band name registration.